Sarah & Andrew Eloped To The Fort 6/23/08

Sarah & Andrew contacted me a couple of months ago inquiring about eloping to PR. They are an adventurous couple who love to travel and wanted to marry in a unique, picturesque setting.  After a few e-mails back and forth they decided on the famous fort "El Castillo de San Cristobal" just on the outskirts of one of the most romantic and beautiful cities in the world, Old San Juan.  

They arrived from San Francisco, California on Saturday and began exploring the island right away.  Their first stop... the gorgeous El Convento Hotel in Old San Juan. There they relaxed for about 1 minute because they managed to get in the Bacardi Factory Tour, the Arecibo Observatory in Arecibo and most of Old San Juan (dining at Dragonfly a restaurant that is very hot right now and I still have not been able to make it to)... all of this in just 2 days.  Oh and did I mention Sarah is expecting their first child in August... when I say adventurous I mean adventurous! See they explained how they took a trip to the Sierra Mountains in search of gold.  "They did find gold in them their mountains"... and not only did they dig, sift and collect it.  They took their gold home, found a class on ring making and melted, moulded and pounded out their wedding bands themselves!  How many couples can say they made their spouses wedding bands... not I!  

Today was there biggest adventure of all (it will come second only to becoming parents) I picked them up with my trustee assistant Amy, we met with the Doc who signed and cleared them for marriage (no cooties found), we shot over to the most adventurous place of all The Demographics Office (oh note to self... advise grooms no flip flops at the Demo Office, ever), where we sat and waited and waited until finally "Osgood Peterman Osgood" was called. We got the marriage license, drove them back to their hotel, now the Courtyard Marriott in Isla Verde, for them to get ready and returned for them at 3:00 to get them over to the fort for their 3:30 ceremony.  Of course it rained, of course it stopped just when we arrive to the fort (just like I ordered) and finally of course their ceremony was simply perfect!  Sarah looked elegant, glowing and gorgeous. Andrew was very dapper in his Guajavera and Luis Ivan, the Officiant was very thorough and well official!  We found a quiet, private area with a gorgeous view.  They exchanged their vows, had a sand ceremony and celebrated with a toast (apple cider).  I must say it was a very touching and beautiful ceremony!  We took lots and lots of pictures and finally I drove them over to a great restaurant called Raices for their wedding dinner.  We said our goodbyes and promised to stay in touch... I want lots of pictures of little Peterman! In the end their wedding day was just how I hoped it would be for them... simple, classy and memorable. And finally as we are driving home... a beautiful rainbow appears!  I know this is a sign that I am doing what I am suppose to be doing because it gives me goosebumps everytime. No kidding this is not the first time it has happened and I know it won't be the last.

Sarah & Andy may today be the start of a wonderful lifetime together full of health, joy and much happiness.  And may your marriage last for at least as long as the fort has stood, over 450 years :)

Best Wishes From,
Your Wedding Planner,
Lisa
& My Trustee Assistant,
Amy

P.S.~ If you are reading this and considering eloping, shoot me an email so I can put in the order for your rainbow:)

Digg this

No comments: